Site Meter

05 February 2009

WOMAN

CRIED BY: COURTNEY

"I didn't always know what I wanted to do, but I always knew the woman I wanted to be - I knew I wanted to be a woman who was independent, a woman who was in the driving seat, a woman who didn't need for the man to decide."
   -- Diane Von Furstenberg
(image credit - brightstarlights.wordpress.com)

i believe that this quote mirrors my life right now. to be completely honest, i'm still not sure what i want to do when i "grow up." yes, i am slowly figuring things out. yes, my possible career choices are beginning to narrow. yet, specifics? not so much.

i wish i was one of those people who knew their destiny from the moment they were born. but i'm not. 

in spite of this, there is one thing i do know, the woman that i want to be. 
i want to be a woman who is independent, a woman who works hard, a woman who is respected, a woman who believes in herself.




1 comments:

Unknown said...

you're already leaps and bounds ahead of me in figuring out where you're going and what you'll be. I'm almost 30 and I am still as lost and confused about my life as when I was 20... actually... maybe more so.